Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Mini outdoor pastels

en plein air pastel drawing by illustrator Christian Bocquee of a fishing boat in a mangrove creek

en plein air pastel drawing by Australian illustrator Christian Bocquee of a beautiful old fig tree

en plein air pastel drawing by Australian illustrator Christian Bocquee beside the water at Cabbage Tree Creek


I've been making a regular exercise of getting out and doing quick small pastel studies. Hopefully I can keep this going. The biggest challenge is often finding a spot to paint. There's a lot to think about - how's the light, the shadows, am I being too conspicuous, is there a shady spot to sit, etc. But it's also kind of fun driving around looking for inspiration. If you enjoyed looking at these, I'll be posting more regularly over at my facebook page, here.


No comments:

Post a Comment