Pages

Sunday, November 2, 2014

'Grow'vember 1st

Sketchbook studies of King Kong

Yesterday I was doing some visual research just for fun. I do this when I'm not sure what to draw. The topic was the character King Kong. Not only was it fun, but I realised it's too important an exercise to do so infrequently. With drawing, being able to represent form well is one thing. But having a rich mental bank of imagery is just as priceless. With this realisation I decided to undertake 'Grow'vember. Each day for the month of November, I'll take a topic, and fill at least one page in my sketchbook with visual studies. Going public with this was also a way to keep me on track. I'll be posting the sketchbook drawings here on my blog, on my facebook page, and on my twitter account. Here's to a month of artistic growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment