Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Lost drover



 With some down time on the horizon my thoughts are returning to personal work. I've been wanting to flesh out my folio for some time with those styles I most enjoy working in. Here's a character that's been making appearances in my sketchbook the last year or so. I have him down tentatively as a drover, definitely a dreamer, and probably an anti-hero of some kind, though my knowledge of Australian history and rural life in general is sadly lacking, and definitely the weakest link when it comes to taking this character beyond the concept stage.

Nevertheless, I wanted to develop this loose pen style of illustration in my folio in the hopes of getting to actually use it on some real projects, and I felt this character provided fertile ground for some folio pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment